Although career is not the first priority in choosing a profession, for many people who decide to study law, apart from the satisfaction of the profession and the job security it has, the lawyer salary is also a reason for attraction. Let’s take a look at the law with a high graduate salary among the professions and see how much does lawyer get paid. We will tell you how much is a lawyer salary?
What Is the Average Salary of a Lawyer?
On average, the lawyer salary us is US$168,850. The lawyer salary range is between $85,571 and $252,128, which varies depending on many factors such as the position, additional skills, education, certifications, and the number of years in the profession.
Lawyer Salaries in USA by Job Title
Although an average answer is given to the question of what is the salary of lawyer, it would be more appropriate to categorize them according to the job name to give a number to be descriptive enough. We answered the question of how much do lawyers make a year by listing the lawyers from the least to the most with their job descriptions.
- Lawyer 1: They review contracts such as leases, insurance, licenses, purchases, sales, and provide legal advice, reports and guidelines to an organization. These lawyers who earn a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and are admitted to the state bar participate in Legal department initiatives and advise on regulations. With 0 to 2 years of experience, these lawyers earn $47.36 per hour and $98,517 annually.
- Lawyer 2: They basically have the same qualifications and job descriptions as the lawyers we explained in the first article. Lawyers with 2-4 years of experience may in some cases be directed to various aspects of the job and given some complex assignments. They make $63.92 per hour and $132,955 per year.
- Lawyer 3: In our how much do lawyer get paid review, it’s time for how much real estate lawyers earn. Real estate attorneys who work on real estate-related issues such as title and title transfers, zoning and construction provide legal advice, prepare decisions and take part in major legal proceedings. These lawyers, who hold the Juris Doctor degree, which we refer to in categories 1 and 2, report to the highest-level legal manager. Like the lawyers in the 2nd group, they can sometimes be assigned in various directions and take on complex tasks. It is similar to the lawyers in the 2nd group in that it requires 2-4 years of experience. They earn 73.25 dollars per hour and 152,362 dollars per year.
- Lawyer 4: Among the lawyers we have divided into 7 classes, the judges with the 4th highest annual income defend the laws, supervise legal processes and comply with court rules. Many states require attorney’s experience before becoming a judge, although not all of them are required. Judges who have graduated from an accredited law school have an hourly income of $81.66 and an annual income of $169,846.
- Lawyer 5: These lawyers, who have the same powers and competencies as described in Articles 1 and 2, usually work cooperatively and independently. Lawyers with 4-7 years of experience contribute to projects in moderately complex jobs. They make $84.04 per hour, $174,811 per year.
- Lawyer 6: Although this type of lawyers has the common features mentioned, they differ from them by their extremely independent work. With a minimum of 7 years of experience, these lawyers are experts in complex matters and earn $95.35 per hour, $198,327 per year.
- Lawyer 7: These lawyers are the names that people who research about lawyer salary in u.s. per month will see at the top of the list. The lawyers, to whom we will answer the question of how much do lawyers make, with the largest number, earn $112.21 per hour, $233,388 per year. These lawyers, who have the same basic competencies and powers, work autonomously. With 10+ years of experience, they work on complex projects and issues and lead.
In Which States Do Lawyers Make the Most Money?
We have said that what is salary of lawyer varies depending on many factors. One of these factors is the state. When we list the lawyer salary from high to low among the states in America, New York ranks first, New Hampshire just below, and Vermont ranks third. A lawyer earns $94,494 per year in New York, $91,711 in New Hampshire and $86,813 in Vermont. At the bottom of the list of 50 states, Texas with $65,015 annual income, Missouri with $64,586, and North Carolina with $60,150 are at the bottom of the list. When we compare the states at the top and bottom of the list, there is more than 1.5 times the difference in the annual income lawyers earn.
Is A Lawyer Salary Worth the Law Tuition Fee?
The figures revealed by the latest researches say that a person who wants to study law at a public university should pay about $ 28,186 per year. This fee goes up to $64,978 at Harvard and $69,916 at Columbia University. If the law school you’re going to study in has a solid reputation, if you have the time, energy, and passion to devote to the profession, and are determined to have a good average while graduating from college, the income you earn as a lawyer is well worth the law school fee you pay. For those who can’t afford an average of $165,000 in student loan debt but are passionate about the legal profession, federal and private law school loans that pay for education are a reasonable option.
How Much Do the Richest Lawyers in The World Earn?
Even though more modest numbers come to mind when you think of how much do lawyer get paid, there are also people in this profession who earn millions or even billions. Topping the list of the world’s richest lawyers is Wichai Thongtang, head of the law firm he named after himself, with $1.8 billion in revenue. Charlie Munger, known for being Warren Buffett’s partner, is in second place with $1.6 billion in revenue, followed by Bill Neukom, a Stanford Law School graduate with $850 million in revenue.
Also You Can Read
- “What Are The Types of Lawyers?” click here to read
- “Attorney vs Lawyer: What is The Difference?” click here to read
You can use the social media buttons at the end of the article for sharing.