Advertising on social media is a form of digital advertising that provides interaction with the consumer that you cannot do through traditional media. In this way, it is an easy and effective way to increase reach on social platforms, attract potential customers, promote the brand and maintain engagement. In this article, we will talk about Facebook, which is the leading one among sites such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest, which offer paid advertising on social media. We will tell you how do you advertise on Facebook?
Advertising on Facebook
Continuing to grow with almost 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook is a unique opportunity to promote products and services with social media advertising. Almost all social media marketers agree that Facebook is the most effective platform for advertising among all social networks. The ad revenue of the site, where people spend about 40 minutes every day, has exceeded 84 billion dollars.
We can say that the success of Facebook advertising is based on the information that users share on their profile, such as age and interest, and presenting products that they are likely to purchase as advertisements. So, for those who want to reach people online, advertising with Facebook is the best alternative.
There are several ways to tell if it’s a Facebook advertisement and not a regular news feed item. If there’s a sponsored tag at the bottom of the site name, an option to like the page in the top right corner, and calls to action like download, sign up, learn more, contact us, and watch more in the bottom right corner, it’s definitely a Facebook advertisement.
Types of Facebook Ads
After learning that Facebook advertising makes great contributions with the right use, it is also useful to learn about Facebook advertisement formats.
You need to have completed three stages before you can achieve success through advertising with Facebook and acquire customers. First, you need to raise awareness. You can use quality images, short videos for this, and as a result, the brand will be discovered by a target audience. The second stage is advertisements that will make customers think about purchasing the product. With blog posts, email newsletters, and videos, you can encourage customers to buy by informing them about the product or service. The final stage focuses on pricing and promotion for the customer who is already aware of the product or service.
Advertising on Facebook is now possible in many ways. Let’s take a look at some of Facebook advertisement types to decide which of the different options is right for you.
- İmage ads: You can use the picture as a simple and fast way to advertise with Facebook, and activate customers with stunning images.
- Video ads: Video ads, which are recommended to be 15 seconds long on average, show the product or service in action. You can share the videos that will help you inform people about your product in the stories section or news source by advertising on Facebook, or you can publish them in Facebook videos.
- Slideshow ads: With the slide show, it is possible to create immersive and fast-moving ads consisting of text, photos or videos. It is a useful alternative to video in terms of fast loading.
- Collection Ads: Collection type ads display the product or service to the users through photos or videos and allow the user who decides to purchase the product to do this without leaving Facebook.
- Lead ads: The use of this ad type is possible for the mobile application. In this type of advertisement, people are directed to a form that they fill out.
- Dynamic ads: One of the types of Facebook advertising is dynamic ads and the way it works is to remind the customer to complete the purchase. It presents the product that it has put in the basket on a website but has not purchased, as an advertisement, to the customer, which is a very effective method for remarketing.
How Do You Advertise On Facebook?
After explaining what advertising on Facebook is and how it can be done, it’s time to answer the question of how do you advertise on Facebook.
1-The first step of advertising on facebook, which we will explain step by step, is to log in to the Facebook site from your browser.
2-To advertise on Facebook, you must have a business page. If you don’t already have one, you should create a business page. Click the menu image in the upper right corner of the news feed page. Click on create ad in the drop-down menu that appears when you click it. When you do this, the power editor, Facebook’s ad creator, opens. At this stage, you are asked to choose a marketing target. According to the decision you make, you should choose one of the tabs in the title that asks what your marketing goal is. Write the name you want to give to your campaign in the box that appears below. The headline you choose will set this Facebook ad apart from the rest. You may have selected the conversions or engagement objective. If you have selected conversions, you should click on the result you prefer from the key result section. If you selected engagement, you must choose a type from the engagement title. If you want to compare by running these two ad groups at the same time, you should check the ‘create split test’ box. You can define your target audience in the main ad setup section by clicking the blue continue button at the bottom of the page.
3- After completing these steps, it’s time to organize your preferences. Detail your goals in places, age, gender, languages.
4- After choosing the placement of the ad you created, set and enter your budget. In the Start date box, select the date and time the ad will start and end.
5- When you click continue, your actions are saved and you can start creating the ad itself.
6- When you approve the ad you created from the green button at the bottom of the page, your ad has been registered and will be shown when the date you set comes.
Also You Can Read
- “How Can You Delete Someone Else’s Facebook Account?” click here to read
- “How Can You Earn Money From Your Facebook Account?” click here to read
- “2 Ways to Contact Facebook!” click here to read
You can use the social media buttons at the end of the article for sharing.