Nowadays, many people follow the agenda on social media platforms instead of watching television. Twitter is one of the best platforms that you can follow the agenda. An event happening during the day can be a trend on Twitter. On the platform, which has millions of users, of course, there are also many account deletions and deactivations. So let’s see how to delete a Twitter account?
How to back up your data before Twitter account deletion?
Before you start the process of deleting your Twitter account, you can download your tweets and transfer them to your account for later use. Let’s say that, after deleting your account you cannot open a new account with that username. If you want to start from scratch with the same username again, you need to change your username before deleting your account.
If you want to download your data before closing your Twitter account, here is what you need to do:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Click on “Account” in “Settings”.
- Open the “Twitter Archive”.
- Click the ‘Request data’
- When your download is ready, Twitter will send an email to your connected email account.
How to delete a Twitter account?
After backing up your data in your account, you can delete your Twitter account. You can follow these steps for this:
- First, log into your account with your username and password.
- Then click on the “Settings” button in the upper right corner.
- Select “Account”.
- Click on the “Deactivate my account” button.
- After this tab, Twitter will ask you if you are sure
- Finally, tap Yes to confirm your decision.
How to reactivate your account?
After these processes, Your Twitter account won’t be closed immediately. Your Twitter account will be frozen and your account will not include in Google search results. Twitter gives 30 days for the users who want to reactivate their account. If you log in within 30 days, your account will be activated again. However, it may take several days for your followers to appear in your account.
If 30 days have not yet expired but you still cannot activate your account; there is also a solution for this. Sometimes there are such situations on Twitter. In such cases, you will need to contact the Twitter Help Center to reactivate your account.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to reactivate your account if the account has been deleted after the 30 day period. If you want to use Twitter again, you have to create a new account and you need to find people and pages to follow, start your tweets from scratch and gain your followers back. If you archived your tweets before, you can upload your old tweets to your account.
So do you use Twitter? Have you ever tried to freeze your account or delete it permanently? You can share your opinions and experiences from the comments section.
Also You Can Get Benefit From This News!
- “We Will Meet in The Future 5 Interesting Professions!” click here to read the news
- “What is Linkedin Learning?” click here to read the news
- “Highest-Paid YouTube Channels in Turkey!” click here to read the news
If you are interested in this article and you want to share it, you can use the social media buttons at the end of the article.